The Assistant Superintendent oversees running the onsite day-to-day operations of smaller projects sometimes side by side with a Superintendent. Ensures that contractors are following all tasks to finish current projects.
- Director of Construction or Assigned Construction Project Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Run day to day operations onsite for smaller projects, one at a time.
- Supervise onsite subcontractors and keep a record of any changes to any aspects changed in the construction during the day.
- Complete daily reports to send to client, Senior Superintendent, Construction Project Manager and Contract Division.
- Promote a positive work environment following DBK’s policies and make subcontractors keep a professional standard.
- Make necessary offsite runs for materials, architectural prints, among other things.
- Work hand in hand with the Construction Project Manager to keep project’s progressing efficiently.
- Immediately reports any incidents, injuries, or delays to the Construction Project Manager.
- Handle small to medium physical labor activities when necessary to keep the project moving forward and inform the Construction Project Manager as well as the Director of Construction.
- Keep the jobsite and staging area clean and organized.
- Monitor jobsite for safety issues and address them immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years or more experience in construction as assistant superintendent.
- High-School diploma or GED, trade school, or military.
- General knowledge of construction processes and materials
- Good verbal and written communication skills; and strong conflict management skills.
- Good computer skills: knowledge and proficiency in common office applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and general software navigation.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments.
- Must be able to move, carry, or position items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- OSHA 30 certification or ability to do it within 1yr of hiring.
- Always maintains a professional image by:
- Following safety policies and procedure
- Abiding by all DBK standards of performance and code of ethics.
- Maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure.
Submit Your Resume For
Assistant Superintendent – South Florida
"*" indicates required fields